Friday, June 1, 2012

"As If"





“As If…” is the title of the second to last chapter of my book VisualFestation.  In that chapter, I talk about the importance of getting into the feeling of having your goal, as it already being accomplished.  

The other day, while driving home from the beach, I saw a heavy set-guy with long hair who was wearing jeans, heavy black boots, and a wallet in his back pocket with a chain securing it to his belt, and a black leather vest with a large patch on the back with the words “Born To Ride”.

Really, he looked exactly like so many of the “Bikers” here in the United States who are Harley-Davidson enthusiasts. But there was just one small difference…
 
This guy was cruising along the beach on a small gas powered scooter. 

 As I watched him weave in and out of traffic, I realized, in his mind, he was totally riding his “Harley” with the wind in his face and really taking-in the moment. This was such a great display of what I mean by acting “As If”…it was simply PERFECT. 

I doubt he’s read my book but it doesn’t matter; his new bike is definitely on its way to him! And soon, he’ll be cruising on his Harley, and it will feel as if he’s had it the whole time.
 

Trust me, IT WORKS!

Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment